WHAT IT IS...

Hip Hop is how I define myself. Hip Hop did not start in the late 70's. It started long ago, undefined, from several points around the globe culminating into what we now call Hip Hop. Hip Hop is a way, a feeling, a thought. This blog reflects my Hip Hop.

Thank you for paying attention.



Monday, October 15, 2007

Verbal Diarrhea

There comes a time in every man's life when he must stop and just talk a whole lot about nothing. Some of us will do this and make millions of dollars (i.e.: Jerry Seinfeld). Others will do this and become leaders (i.e. George Bush, Jr.). Most of us will become rappers. A select few of us though, regardless of race, color, creed or profession, will spit stuff so random and utterly non-sensical, that their monologues will eventually be considered genius. A few people immediately come to mind: Steve Jobs, R. Kelly, Phil Rizzuto, Ol' Dirty Bastard.

These people amaze me. They amaze not because of what they say...but because deep down inside, I think they actually believe the b.s. they spew forth. Not that believing in one's own words is a bad thing...but where do you draw the line? When do you finally stop what you're doing and say to yourself, "No, really...even I don't believe that shit I just said. You shouldn't either." Where's the respect? Where's the dignity?! I'm sure everyone reading this knows someone like this...who just won't shut up about something when you and they BOTH know it's nonsense! It could be a family member, a co-worker, even an acquaintance trying to impress you. What I mentioned earlier about knowing when to stop goes both ways as well. When do you look at someone and say, "Please...spare me. I beg of you!"

It takes strength, I know. Trust me...been there, doing that. Hell, I'm willing to bet some of you have already closed this window wanting to tell me that very thing. It wouldn't be a good bet for you 'cause you've probably already closed this window. But you get my point. If you don't get my point...well, just understand that you may be that one person that we all know that shovels the shit every now and then. Again, not necessarily a bad thing in of itself. Self-control is a beautiful thing though. When exercised properly, it can be a life saver or a deal maker. Try not to be that one person we all know and see what happens. It may change your life. Heck, you may even become president one day.

I'm just sayin'...

No comments: