WHAT IT IS...

Hip Hop is how I define myself. Hip Hop did not start in the late 70's. It started long ago, undefined, from several points around the globe culminating into what we now call Hip Hop. Hip Hop is a way, a feeling, a thought. This blog reflects my Hip Hop.

Thank you for paying attention.



Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hip hop is GodSent...

My love of old school rap music knows no bounds, especially that which was produced in the late 80's to the mid 90's. That being said, when I hear new music which sounds like early 90's rap music, I go nuts. Recently, my boy Wes made my WEEK by hipping me to his boy, GodSent.

GodSent is currently from Mt. Vernon, NY and he's GOOD so I gotta spread the word. His single Loss For Words (ft. Jordan) instantly reminds me of production I've heard on various tracks from Trendz of Culture, Souls of Mischief, J-Dilla, Ali Shaheed Muhammed and, of course, Pete Rock. It's a smooth, laid out track like we used to do it. GodSent's MySpace page has samples of his other tracks. They're harder than Loss but it's still got that 90's, 'real hip hop' vibe to 'em.

Check the Loss video below for yourself and let me know what you think.

As always, One Love!

Bigg Russ


No comments: